Setting up your Weather Station to upload to Wunderground.com
If you want to see your weather station on the internet anywhere in the world then Wunderground.com is your best answer. Wunderground.com is a weather website that provides forecast, current and past conditions, radar, and many more options to users free of charge. They also have one of the biggest person weather station (PWS) networks in the world. This network is free to join and use for anyone. With this service you will be able to upload your weather stations data to Wunderground.com. After you have begun uploading Wunderground.com will display, log, and graph all the data that it receives from the weather station. Wunderground.com has the website formatted for PC, tablet, and smart phone for easy use and viewing.
Benefits of Uploading to Wunderground.com
- Can view your weather stations data anywhere in the world via PC, tablet, or smartphone with internet access
- No need for a computer to watch the weather station and log all the information. Wunderground.com stores all the data for you.
- You will add data to the PWS Network for better forecasting
Cons of Uploading to Wunderground.com
- Your PWS will be on a public forum for anyone to see the weather data.
Note- To upload to Wunderground.com your weather station must have a network board installed. This board allows the weather station to have an internet connection to send the data to Wunderground.com. If you do not have a network board you can upload to Wunderground.com via Weather View 32. The procedure will be in the manual for Weather View 32.
1. Create an account on Wunderground.com
- To go Wunderground.com and click on the top right corner of the page “Sign In”
- A new page will appear and click in the center of the screen “Not yet a member? Join the Wunderground community”
- A new page will appear and choose either to create a new account or use facebook
2. Adding a PWS
- On the center of the screen there will be a tab with “Weather” place cursor over the tab and wait for drop down menu to appear. Once menu appears go to the first tab on the left labeled “PWS” and click on “Sign up Your Station”.
- Place your location near the location of the weather station. When you select the type of station you have click on any of the Texas Instruments they have listed. This will not affect the data they are just asking for the display on their website.
- Proceed through each step and write down your station ID and password (will be the same as your login password).
3. Setting up the Weather Station
- Pull up your weather station on a browswer
- For the WR,WRL,WPS, and WLS click on “Configuration”. Enter your login and password information. Next, click on the “Weather Network” link.
- For the Network Weather Station and the Remote Weather Station click on the station to see current conditions. Next, on the left hand side click the link “Station Weather Network”
- Then make sure the boxes are filled in like below. Click enable.
ID: “Your station ID”
Password: “Your Password”
After you finish these steps give Wunderground.com a few minutes to start receiving the data.